Coming SOON!! Grand Re-Opening!
We'll have great prices - great products
Just for YOU!
Making Basketweave on a Cake
Here is the simple method to creating a basketweave look on a cake.
“Pumpkin Patch Basket”
- 2 (8 or 9 inch round cake (any flavor), baked, cooled and refrigerated (see Recipes for ideas)
- 1 batch Wonder Cream Frosting (see recipes)
- Fruit slices candy (orange)
- Chocolate Brown Americolor food paste
- Leaf Green Americolor food paste
- Candy corn (optional)
- #18 & #352 decorating tip
- Disposable decorating bags
- Level and fill your cooled cakes. Spread White Wonder Cream Frosting on top and sides of cake. Smooth with a straight edge metal spatula.
- Split remainder of frosting, mix one with green food paste and the other with brown food paste. Insert the #18 star tip into a decorator bag and fill with brown frosting. Insert the #352 leaf tip into a decorator bag and fill with green frosting. Snip the end of each bag so the tip is halfway through.
- Using the brown frosting, outline a basket on the cake. Add a line of frosting from top of basket to bottom of basket. Make small crosses over the top of the line you just made. Add another line.
- Add crosses over the new line, in between the crosses you made on the other line.
- Continue adding lines and crosses until you reach the end of the basket. Decorate the outline of the basket by making small I’s around the basket.
- Make the pumpkins by cutting orange fruit slices in half-lengthwise. Cut a sliver off the inside of each candy piece. Stick the two slivered pieces together to form a pumpkin shape. Arrange pumpkins in the basket (as shown above).
- Using green frosting with leaf tip, make small u’s around the top and bottom border.
- With green frosting, make small leaves for each pumpkin. Finish by decorating around the cake with candy corn.
Back to Articles